Last Updated on October 30, 2020 by Julia Wilson
At a glance
- 2 weeks: Deciduous incisors (the small teeth at the front) begin to come in.
- 3 – 4 weeks: Deciduous canines (the long, pointy teeth next to the front teeth) begin to come in.
- 4 – 6 weeks: Deciduous pre-molars (also known bicuspids, these are the teeth located between the canine and molar teeth) begin to come in.
- 8 weeks: All baby teeth have come in.
- 12 – 16 weeks: Incisors come in.
- 4 – 6 months: Canines, premolars, and molars come in.
- 7 months: All adult teeth are fully developed.
- 0-2 weeks: Eyes are sealed shut at birth.
- 2 weeks: Eyes begin to open, eyesight is not developed yet.
- 5 weeks: Eyesight is fully developed.
- 6-8 weeks: Eyes start to change colour.
- 0-3 weeks: Ears are folded, cats are deaf at birth.
- 3 weeks: Ears prick up, hearing is well developed.
- Birth: Kittens weigh 90-100 grams.
- 1 week: Kittens have doubled their weight.
- 2 weeks: Weight is now 300g.
- 4 weeks: The kitten should now weigh 500 grams (18 oz).
- 0-2 weeks: Kittens nurse and sleep.
- 3 weeks: Some kittens are starting to stand.
- 4 weeks: Kittens are becoming more active.